The Big Blue Beast Falls

RazorRoss3

• Baller
@Andre I haven't run it again. Barely skied with shoulder and back issues the last two years. Plus a bad ski change. I am back on the ski I ran 35 on at least and if I get my back squared away would like to get some more looks at it.

• Baller
Thanks @RazorRoss3 for the tips. I skied last week with zero off and felt like I was gonna run it easy til I freaked out at 4 cause I was so early. I seldom get to ski zero off. And I feel like my stargazer I don't get that quick zip off the buoy like I do with zero off. Do you ever ski perfect pass anymore?

• Baller
@schafer, I rarely ski PP/stargazer/ZBox. The two systems aren't the same, that's for sure. my advice would be to try to ski technically correct, the talker and smoother you can ski, the less you'll notice the difference in throttle patterns. I skied ZBox up in Hutto, TX the other day and was good for buoys at -35 which is around my average.

• Members

I just dropped a boat off at Pleasant Oak for a tourney tomorrow (that I can't ski in due to kid's football). My all time favorite skiing memory happened here. I ran 35 in a tournament for the first time. Perfect little headwind, and I knocked it down 7yrs after running 32 for the first time.

I got 1.5@38, then proceeded to watch the skier after me (Scott Papapietro) also run 35 for the first time. He got 1.5 @38. We sat there on the shore by 2 ball, and people started bringing us beer. We sat there all afternoon, singing "Happy Boy" and drank A LOT of beer. I miss M2. Can't believe I'm in M4 now.

Hopefully you get 35 in the tournament tomorrow. 35/36 is no small feat.