Reflex super shell plate broke

Howa1500

• Baller
There's another thread talking about it. Reflex knows about the problems and supposed to be working it. Mine broke, got a replacement. Replacement lasted two days and cracked. gorilla glue works to glue them back together.

@Howa1500 not directly related to the topic, but I notice that the distance between your two bindings is kinda big. I used to ski like that as well some years back. In my mind I was more stable on the ski. When I tried to bring them closer two things happened.

a) I started skiing better, a lot better

b) I started falling less frequently, a lot less.

@thrix I completely agree. But If my bindings were closer together the release mechanism wouldn't have enough room to open and allow the reflex boot to fit in the heel cup and under the toe bar. I have no choice on this one. Switching over to a RTP tomorrow.

• Baller
I saw guys at Travers ski school making similar heal cups with Bondo about 3 years ago. Kris Lapoint has a home made version also. Not sure what he made it out of. I think they were covering the boot with Saran Wrap or some sort of spray that would let the boot release then putting the Bondo on and up the sides of the boot then trimming it down with a Dremel.

• Baller

It is.

But I would like to see a user sentiment poll about the importance of some of the features being tauted as improvement in binding products.

Do hardshell need 100% contact to the plate? Is the transfer between the foot and the ski that much improved or is the flat sole on the boot under clamping from the silvretta loaded enough to transfer well?

What about the talk of ski flex and plates being stiffening to the ski? Would it not increase the stiffness of the plate to clamp a rigid boot to a rigid base on the ski. Just some pondering. I've often wondered if the heel should have more degrees of motion and the toe be the transfer point basically allowing the boot to torsionally load by having the release point lower on the heel of the boot.