Help Me Help a Buddy

lcgordon

• Baller

He started skiing a few months ago and is addicted. I would like to help him but im not sure of his major problems vs his minor ones. What should he really be working on . Sometimes his skiing is better than other.

Sorry for the crappy video quality.

• Baller
Thats what I thought. He actually looks pretty good. For right now what seems to be killing him is his extremely slow offside turn. It takes like 50ft for him to do it not giving him the time to get over to the next ball.

• Baller

Just have him work on the basics of getting better body alignment and getting more balanced on the ski. This will help with turns getting more angle etc. I used to do an exercise were I'd free ski and do pullout, glides and then turn in like a bunch of gates but from both sides. Maybe have him try that by getting out really wide and then turning in see if he can better aligned that way and used to the fell.

Make sure that he understands what he supposed to be doing. Most beginners try steer the ski. Make sure he understands the by getting the ski on edge while be balanced over the ski it will turn on its own. Have you looked at some of the youtube videos. Seth Stisher has a lot of good beginner drills etc.