Key for prop/shaft

Wish

• Baller

Should be able to find at local gardware store. Might not find SS, but just carbon steel wiith cheap zinc coating. This can get you by in a pinch, but change it out soon for SS.

Only going by memory, but I believe you should need 1/4 inch square, about 1 inch long.

• Baller
I believe it is 1/4" like Zman said but on the 1997 thru now they have a pin on the keyway. You don't need the pin just make sure you have a tiny gap between key shaft and prop if its tight you will get vibration tighten prop on shaft, keyway should have tiny gap that you can see with flash light I got rid of Nautique nut and put a stainless with nylon insert Tighten back off and barly snug. It will work fine its a really cheap part like 10 bucks from Nautique. About 2 bucks From Lowes Or Home depot.

• Baller
Straight, I would just buy both 3/16 & 1/4 I would go with straight I've had both but I trust straight more. Just tighten the prop on the shaft tight hold prop with towel back off nut then snug up not tight. When you put the boat in the water and if the boat vibrates the key way is to tight must have tiny gap. I have another Question I have a1999 snob my kids are more into surfing and wakeboarding. I'm looking at a malibu VTX 2010 -2014 I believe you wrote once you watch somebody run 39 off on it. If so how is the wake at 28 off 34 &36.