2016 US Open, BD Finals & some way back pix

santangelo

• Baller

With all the recent discussion of ROI, nationals attendance, and viewing some of the great pix and videos of the 'good ole days' this seemed appropriate.

Below are some screen grabs from a 2 hour video that Boz, one of the Okee founders, gave to me of the 1986 Nationals and 1986 US Open among many big tournaments at Okeeheelee over the years. Interesting side note I learned while watching the video with Boz is that we received the Certificate of Occupancy from Palm Beach County for our Club House the day before the 86 Nationals was hosted. This remains one of the best examples of a local government working with an organization to build something great.

We have two other major tournaments coming up shortly...hope many of you can make it down to watch. A HUGE thank you goes out to Correct Craft for making these events happen. They have been a great partner over the years supporting events for us and many other sites.

2016 US Open of Water Skiing

2016 Big Dawg World Finals

42ak6doy47o5.png

0pgn41c9kxo2.png

yvvepp4cucia.png

vwloe7prwtil.png

• Baller

The year 2000 Americas Cup also had the jump ramp in the main lake. Where the

jumping was Ski Flying, and where Women World Records were set, with Toni Neville and

Emma Sheers tied at 66.6 (hmmm) meters (~218.5 ft). There still should be a whole bunch

of anchors sitting on the bottom from that event.

• Baller

The anchors we made for the Americas Cup were concrete poured into large diameter

sonotube, at about 1,000 lbs. each. The coordinates of everything vs. a main survey

point are known, and I have forwarded the data to the key people.

There were 2 jump (skifly) courses: Southbound and Northbound. Only Southbound was

used. There was also a bottom-anchored SL course, totally independent from their

existing crossline SL course. Plus, a bunch of wakeboard stuff.