Will a Tesla-ized (or similar) electric boat come to market?

sunvalleylaw

Nothing wrong or bad-about getting cleaner. Now if it works it does not need to be subsidized. And if you think Tesla is so inventive I only wish I could get some of you through the scientific lab at Ford or likely any of the big auto manufactures. It was no little thing to get to the standards and get the HP and fuel economy we see today! And for all the data lovers out there if only some of the papers that are not published were seen it would change many peoples minds. As for CO2 the levels found in samples of ice from before the industrial revaluation showed higher levels then than they are today. ( I have not looked in maybe seven years) but then just saying people like to use data to fit what they want you to believe. And just think what the wiled fires are putting out, I am going out on a limb but probably close or more the the country will create man made. Lets be clean but get it wright before we spend money on something that is not working well. I just look at the air and water quality around Michigan forty years ago and today! The USA is doing its part and looking to do more.

• Supporting Member

Loving @AdamCord's details and insights. As I texted him yesterday, any post that begins with "long and nerdy" is a must read!

I do disagree on one point, however: Gasoline prices, in real dollars, have been in a remarkably narrow range for 100 years. Adjusted for inflation (that's the definition of "real dollars"), the price has almost never wandered outside $1.50 to $3.50.

Inflation Adjusted Gas Prices

It has been predicted over and over throughout history that we were about to run out of oil and gas prices would spike. Instead, we just find better tech to find and refine the stuff.

Prediction are hard, especially about the future :). But to me a 100 year trend is compelling.

Wacky aside: In real dollars, the cheapest gasoline in all of history was in 1998. If you want to stump your friends, try asking them when that occurred. Even my mom, who teaches U.S. Economic History at Princeton University, was not close. Nearly everyone thinks it was a long time ago. And we briefly got really close to that low in the last 12 months!!

• Supporting Member

Oh yeah, you can't get to be this kind of a nerd without some coaching!

Her father invented the solar cell, among other things. I had the privilege of speaking on his behalf when he was posthumously inducted into the inventor's Hall of Fame.

My other grandfather was a bit less of a nerd. Best he could manage was co-founding the Greyhound Bus Company...