vMax Bindings - try again or move on?

LakeOneSkier

• Baller

Last month I finally switched from 15 years of Animal bindings to the 2016 HO vMax bindings. I went to my somewhat local proshop not expecting vMax to be at the top of the list, but they were. Tried on vMax, Radar Vapor and Connelly Sync bindings and chose the vMax.

Obviously different than a 5 year old worn out set of Animals, I did not know what to expect on my first set but they felt good right away; out of the buoy and cross course control was greatly improved, which was my goal for new bindings, and I could feel the potential. Skied them for 3 more weeks (maybe 10 sets?) and they were great. Overall comfort, feel, control was excellent. I was surprised how easily I adapted to them and was skiing season PB's (in practice!). Could not have been more satisfied with my purchase.

Then... I stuffed the tip and the mounting bracket broke:

665025o0bock.jpg

I knew this was a problem when these boots were first released but according to posts by @savaiusini they made a change to a stonger plate to correct this. Since I purchased the boots 4 weeks ago I thought I had the 'new and improved' stronger plate. Apparenlty not?

@savaiusini, before I move on and try other binding options how would I know if I have the latest and greatest, and if I do is this just a design flaw? I've had people say 'yeah you can modify them with a large washer so the tension is better distributed'... but I really don't want to have to 'modify' a brand new $500 pair of bindings.

• Baller
@LakeOneSkier Very sorry to see this!!! It's likely you have a pair that were sitting on the retailer's shelf for a while. Sounds like you were skiing well with them, so I definitely would like for you to try again. Email me directly and we can discuss replacement options. sam@hosports.com

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
@LakeOneSkier Thanks for taking my call today. I have a new pair of 2017 vMax boots headed your way in the morning. These include a removable liner which are not only more comfortable, but also help to relieve pressure on the mounting bar. Let me know what you think once you've had a few sets!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@savaiusini Thank you for the call! And the new boots! I can't wait to give them a try. :smiley:

I didn't mention this on the call, but I'm a long time HO customer (Phantom, Monza, A1, A2, A3 (my son's) and multiple pairs of Animals over the years) and have never had an issue with any of your products. It's great to see that when I do have an issue you stand behind your product and offer such great customer service. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to putting a new VTX under these new boots next spring. B)