Wakeye

Don11

Not a techie. Would like to get into using Wakeye program and an 8" Samsung tablet for videoing my skiing. How much storage space do I need? Was told that you can use the wifi at any location to download the program to the tablet. Also, been told there is a device that you can plug into your tablet that allows you access to the gps system for automatic on and off. Can anyone help with giving me more details on how to make this android system work?

• Baller_
Few things I have learned (note: Apple product user). Assuming u do not have a passenger willing to film (no need for app then) and a tracking devise with mount. Minimum of 16gigs free spec. Any less and plan on taking videos and then taking them off or deleting in some way frequently. The app is great for keeping files smaller by stoping and starting. It's amazing to me how much larger the files are filming with the driver turning filming devise on and off. Almost doubles in size. You have to have a good signal or service at ski site. I have tried to use my iPhone 6 as a hot spot and use my iPad but it's not fast enough. Have not tried sinking my 6s yet. Without a good signal, Wakeye will not engage. Have been hinting to the boys at Wakeye to add/develop a decibel level to engage filming. Make it so the app reads boats decibel picking up skier and going into course. Calibrate it first by doing a simulation or actual pass from start to finish. When u want the film to start, tap a botton and app saves decibel level at that point. Next time it gets that high, it films give or take a few dBs. Below point, it stops. No wifi or data connection needed. Just a thought. Would open up a ton of devices to be used.