RADAR KATANA or HO TX

Adub79

A little background first:

New to the forum and new to waterskiing. Purchased my first boat a year ago fully expecting to wakeboard behind it,realized it was a good ski boat so decided to purchase a slalom ski. Long story short my wakeboard has a nice film of dust on it. I have never skied (combo or slalom) before this last year.

Now to the reason for the post:

My current ski is a P6 and I'm looking for to buy a new ski off season. Narrowed down to the Katana or the TX as my next ski, as they both seem to be the next logical step up. I currently ski slow (28-30mph at 28off) and have no desire to ever ski faster than 32, just love cruising the open water;).

Having a hard time tracking down any reviews on the Katana.

Wondering if anyone has skied a traditional shape and then moved to the Katana and how the ski felt/performed specifically in open water in regards to initiating turns, holding and edge, and wake crossing?

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Baller
both are considerably skinnier - especially the TX. I'm guessing the p6 has a lot more to progress into for ya. I have 2 P6's and really starting to dig this ski. But if you change and want to keep your radar bindings they will fit on the Katana - i don't think will fit the HO ski.

• Baller

Have a 2014 TX Superlight and I would recommend it. No experience with a Katana for comparison. I have been skiing it for 2 years. This last year I have been learning to ski the course with it. I started at 25 MPH and am now up to 28-30.

I don't know if Radar has a demo program but HO does and earlier this summer it was only $50 to try a new ski and it included shipping both ways.

Haven't skied the TX.

I was talked into trying the Katana by @eddie_roberts_jr. I only skied 4 passes but was impressed. First pass I didn't try to run bouys, second pass ran -28, third ran -32, and had a look at 6 ball at -35.

This is a very capable ski that gets great acceleration with VERY little effort. The turns are a bit more of a pivot than the carve of my Vapor, but I actually thought of making this my tournament ski.

As I understand it, the Katana replaces the Theory, which was one step above the P6 and one step below the Senate. Good to hear it's got a broad range of capabilities. It would make a good ski for guests on the boat who haven't skied in years or want to get up for the first time, although I did just buy a used TX for that very purpose. The TX (Triumph) and Theory were comparable skis.