Ugly Boots

ozski

• Baller

This little science experiment started life as a Vector open toe feather frame. When the rubber gave way I started hacking to the point I'm at now and I'm 3 sets in on this iteration and liking it a lot. Its got a lot of automotive silicone and extra padding added which makes it pretty stiff, I've also added some heavy duty laces to the bottom so I can reef it down really tight. The top bungee lace is still in play but its pretty loose. Being an open toe I can get my rear foot in exactly the right place. (for me) Its ugly but functional and does not look out of place on my GT..

x4qugqbgf5rg.jpg

• Baller
@mmosley899 I tried to get my hands on one of those but the Radar and the reflex R style are not that common here. I hope to have an R style here over the next couple of weeks. Its quite a change from a full rear boot but definitely better once you get a few passes on it. I won't be going back.

• Baller
I tried the Reflex R-sytle this week and for me as a side by side comparison my custom solution allows a lot more movement and freedom. I guess my current setup is much closer to a kicker than I had thought, the only way I can describe the feeling is that I am getting a lot more out of the ski performance wise. I think for a skier in full double boots the Reflex is a nice alternative or stepping stone but for me it was a regressive move, the ski felt slower and I had a hard time getting angle off the ball on both sides. I'm still in disbelief that the type and way a rear boot is setup can have such an influence on the performance of the ski.