See Where The Water Is Breaking

ozski

• Baller_

It's pretty amazing how the ski deals with water displacement. Note how far forward the water shoots out in front of the ski in nothing more then a glide for gate set up. There is a massive amount of support under and forward of the front foot. With that comes speed through the turn. So much so that I can't even count how many times I should have been tossed out the front at the finish of a turn and the next thing I know I'm crossing the wake..not in good body position but certainly not swimming like all the other skis I've been on.

vmhot9z9ttum.png

Wish, I will second that. I have never been on a ski with a more predictable front end. The general consensus from the Denali forum is to use the 'front' of the ski. Connected with an efficient ending, handle to the hip and you will generate cross course speed and the resultant space that will make you question the boat speed!

40 sets in to my marriage and I am loving the relationship. With a meticulous log detailing the trials and tribulations of my skiing life I have a product that is working for me. I have the front end grip I am looking for on the offside for a confident back under the line turn, an onside that will just do what I want.

Finally this product does not hurt me. At 58 I was close to giving up last year . 30 years of slalom , the effort required to get from one side to the other was starting to take it's toll. I was in permanent recovery from just skiing 4 times a week. This has been mentioned before before in previous posts, but this ski is so little effort...it must be science. I do not hurt! I wish I was in my 30's I could do this justice.

I will never push this skis boundaries, but as our Autumn draws in I am already looking forward to next years skiing.

• Baller_

The faceless Denali rider mysteriously disappears and reappears. Seriously, every inch of the ski is getting used. And then just look at that efficient flat planing ski with COM forward....that's speed the way it should be.!

449lmj2cocqk.png

zign590zhlbw.png

• Baller

I've wanted to get more time on my ski before commenting, but after a summer on the new Denali, I want to add some positive words. I'm a 60 year old skiier and typically don't ski beyone 28' off, so I don't consider myself a highly skilled, highly technical guy. I bought a Denali this spring, and was originally unsure whether it would be too demanding for me. What I've observed is that it's the fastest, but most predictable and forgiving ski I've ever been on. The speed of the ski helps me expecially in and at the finish of the turns where, unlike other skis, it doesn't get 'stuck' at the finish. Even when I'm out of position, I can still get it around and get back on it, and its speed across the wake helps get me to the next ball. It seems to me that many of the high end skis are built to decelerate, and that works against me; accelleration is what I need, and the low-drag Danali provides it. Even with the extra speed, it still decelerates smoothly and predictably so I can finish turns that otherwise seem unmanageable.

The original fin settings (those recommended early in the summer) made the ski less predictable and forgiving, but the new bindings forward-fin forward numbers on the Denali website are magic; they have made this ski a pleasure to ski on. I've taken fewer hits, done fewer OTF/face plants, and had less back and shoulder soreness than on any other ski. My hat's off to the Delani team for introducing a new and substantially different ski design to a small and challenging market, and managing to differentiate themselves from the herd. I love this ski!

• Baller

One week ago I got off the Denali frustrated and rode my Helix again, I was in a slump. I could turn the Helix a lot better but wasn't getting the speed.

I knew I couldn't walk away from the the Denali though as I got one to not only try and ski better but also learn about skis and fins.

Pleased to report that a week later and after some big changes to ski setup(and understanding ski setup)

I feel more confident than ever and the last two days have been awesome. The fin forward settings really get the ski to fire, before it was about the same as my last ski score wise, now it's rising above. Can't wait for our Aussie summer.