HO xMax vs Animal

Bill22

• Baller

Obviously xMax will win on comfort. What about feel and performance? With xMax do you feel as connected as a classic rubber binding like a Venom?

Trying to help a friend who just got a CX Superlite and he loves the ski (currently using an old Venom & RTP). He likes his front binding really tight so maybe he should stick with the Animal? I was talking to him about the newer style, more comfortable bindings but he is hesitant to make the switch.

Unlike myself he doesn't complain about the comfort of the old rubber boots squeezing the life out of your foot. I made the switch to a soft boot and will never go back.

• Baller

@savaiusini question about new direct connect Animal:

Will it be easy to mount/unmount, like other d/c bindings?

Will it be lighter vs Animal on plate?

During travels (using sportube1) I need to remove binding and carry it in another bag, therefore size/weight of boot w/o plate does matter. Thanks.

• Baller
I would think he would like the Animals. I've never been fond of HO's softer boot bindings but currently ski and like the Animal on front ( @savaiusini minus the plastic clips that break super easy on the back and the zip tie repair last longer, wish that was improved). The Animal is super tight, nearly crushes my size 14 but it's good because it gives me a better connection and it limits my skiing before the rest of me gives out, usually 8 passes and I need to let my foot breath. I use a boot binding on the rear giving me more movement and lift.