Question for Shore Station owners

fu_man

• Baller

Is there a way to lubricate the middle pulley wheel without taking the winch tube apart? The middle wheel is squeaking loudly on my lift. There is no hole that I can see (in the middle of the tube) that would allow you to access the middle pulley with a straw to shoot WD40/silicone in there. I have thought about drilling a small hole in the tube for this purpose but of course I'd have to be careful not to hit any of the cables inside.

isyouvhy0hvn.jpg

• Baller

I had a similar problem where that middle pulley on just a 4 yr old lift started squealing badly when both lowering and raising the lift.

I had the winch tube replaced and when we did it it turned out the cables were routed through the winch tube incorrectly. Hopefully it's just a lubrication issue for you and not something that's going to cost you more.

Mike

• Baller
I used a can of spray oil (liquid wrench maybe?) and stuck a long piece of 1/8" polytube on the end of the straw. Stuck the poly tube down each end of the winch tube to about the middle and applied the lubricant. worked pretty good and didn't have to drill any holes.