Then and Now

Marco

• Baller

@John_Brooks Thanks! When we first built it, I had nightmares of not being able to grow anything out in the adobes, and it would just be a barren mud hole 10 years down the road. Luckily for us, that was not the case

@Edbrazil Absolutely! We installed the anchors and sub buoys before we filled the lake. It was a piece of cake on dry ground. The adobe bottom sucked in the anchors, and it hasn't moved at all over the years.

• Baller
Nice site!! Whats your typical ski season run out there? Not the face numb dry suit season! Noticed a couple other ski lakes while i was flying out of Aspen last week. One off 82 near Basalt, and another near Gypsm off 70, who looks after those places? Might need to start taking the Rev 6 on my trips out west.

• Baller

Thanks @Andre

@jetpilotg4 We usually ski from the last week in April until the middle of October, depending on when low temps get below freezing. I wore rubber for the time yesterday, but the water wasn't too bad. The lake in Basalt is Kodiak, and it has membership slots and can be hard to get a ski ride on unless you know someone, or ski in their 1 yearly tournament.

The lake near Gypsum is Sweetwater Ranch, and was built by Mike Young. It is a private lake with memberships. If you are out this way, drop me a line and I would be happy to pull you. We are a 5 minute drive from the Montrose airport, so it would be a quick and easy trip if you flew in.