Slalom Course Insurance on Public Lake

WIRiverRat

• Baller
We just obtained a permit to put a slalom course on public water next year. We are currently researching how to best insure ourselves against any issues that could arise from a boater damaging their boat and or injuring themselves with the course. What do you currently use? How much liability coverage do you take out? Do you go through USA Waterski for this or a different carrier? There are three of us currently that will be setting up the course and skiing it. We have talked about either creating an LLC and taking out a policy or creating a waterski club and getting insurance via USA Waterski. What are the pros and cons of each? I did see its $100 for the club membership to USA waterski plus $575 for club liability insurance plus another $110 for the slalom course insurance.

• Baller
I was able to obtain liability insurance attached to my homeowners insurance and went with $2M. In the past we went through USA Water Ski and that worked fins, but my insurance agent suggested this as a more affordable option. Some jurisdictions insist on covering them as co-insured and that can get a little costly...