Video stabilization

Glock

• Baller

It seems like there is decent amount of discussion around video stabilization. Does most of the vibration come from the slack hit vibration or the vibration of the pylon? When I had a Trakker, it seemed that the slack hit was the cause and made it pretty difficult to view the video.

I have a Malibu TXI which has a pylon where the rope mount actually pivots/swivels with the rope. I am thinking that if I found or created a camera mount that connected directly to the bottom collar on the plyon, the camera could move independently of the rope, eliminating the slack hit. I think this would only work on the Malibu as I don't think the other boats have this type of pylon.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

• Baller_

I would think there would be some rope slip around the pylon and the pylon direction and rope direction eventually would not match up with each other, as originally aligned.

How would the mount track the skier accurately if the rope itself isn't involved to ensure the camera direction remains pointed down the rope?

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Rope slip would definitely be an issue, just not sure how much actually occurs. I put some tape on my pylon to line it up with the rope, skied a pass and it was still lined up. You would have to ensure it is in line after each pass, but once the rope is tight, I don't think there is too much slip.