Transmission

Spuddy

• Baller

Looks like you are almost at the point of no return. How brittle is that tube?

Once you snap it off, the last chance option before you get to pull the transmission apart is a wood/drywall screw just big enough to dig into the inside sides of the tube and then try pulling it out with a pliers. Might even be worth trying to introduce some heat with a heat gun to make the tube more pliable.

• Baller
use a pair of those surgical pliers. Like the clamping ones that most fishermen would have in a tackle box. may be able to get a grip farther down on it. And if it end up being just a tiny bit of soft plastic tube left in there, I may take my chances just letting the velvet drive eat it. But that's just me...

• Baller

So why were you sticking a tube in your transmission anyhow? The environmentalists will say that oil change intervals are too frequent. Seeing your risks with changing fliud, they might be right.

I did have a transmission cooler fail and fill the transmission with water. Had to flush the water out with a couple fluid replacements - hopefully a few years until the next flush. My fluid never seems to get too dirty.

Eric

• Baller

What @BraceMaker said except looking at the tube you may need to make the tube bend. Use a metal coat hanger, bend it to a curve and shove it inside the plastic tube. You will have to, um, insert....the plastic tube a little, um, deeper......since it probably caught a sharp edge of something in the transmission and is slowly cutting itself the more you pull on it.

My father did the same thing on his boat a number of years ago except it was on the engine. He ended up with a 4" piece of tube in the oil pan. He left it there and never had an issue. After the second season it was down there I forgot that happened until this thread. That was 14 years ago now and it's still in there!