Carbon Pro with tower

rodltg2

• Baller
I can't make a sentence with "tower" and "looks good" and slalom boat work, I know its in the eye of the beholder but every time I see a tower bolted to a tournament boat it sucks a little bit of joy out of my day.. Sorry.

• Baller

Here is a CP posted on here from 'Down Under', it had been stolen then recovered. I saved it because I like the Slate Aqua color panel considering it for my next boat, (maybe with the gun-metal stripes vs silver?) Not sure I like the white tower with the black windshield frame but overall I think it looks OK. I suspect you cannot install the factory Bimini with the tower but I could be wrong.

• Baller
This is funny. I asked @Horton the same thing about 2 months ago. If you look at the old proto photo from 2011 there is a CP with an Enzo style tower. Actually looks pretty good. Skiing is my passion, but still sneak a skate/surf set here and there. Best info I can give ya....@rodltg2

• Baller

@rawski I don't get why people put towers like that on ski boats. the rope will run up at least close to it at shortline.

its ugly too... The small swoop towers that use the curve of the windshield frame look decent and do not get in the way

• Baller

I have a New Dimensions tower on my '97 MC 190, as can be seen on their website here.

As towers go, I think this one looks pretty good and follows the line of the windshield. It folds forward very easily to fit in the garage.

Seems like with the CP this type of tower could work well since the windshield swoops back quite a bit.

• Baller

So I totally understand your desire for a tower. I'm the same way in that I don't ski exclusively. I, and a lot of my family, still do a lot of other stuff, so I want a tower.

However, I would not put a tower on a closed bow. Generally speaking, what I see on the market is if the ski boat is an open bow, a tower can add value to it. If a ski boat is a closed bow, the tower actually reduces the price, so now you are paying a bunch of money to reduce the value of your boat. I just can't bring myself to do that. Would you even consider an open bow from one of the big 3? Or is the CP price so good that you just HAVE to do it?

• Baller
Very interesting that you found the CP softer than the 200. I ski at similar speed/length, and I love me some soft wake. I am glad to hear you say just a bit, though, because I basically have to buy an open bow because of family size, so I would be sad if you said a lot.

• Baller
@rodltg2- I think if you want to put a tower on the boat go for it. There are some great manufactures, and I think a Roswell aviator would look great on the boat. I want a CP as well, and will be putting a tower on the boat I buy no matter which make if it doesn't already have one. I don't understand all of the haters about installing a tower. If you don't like it then don't chime in. I am the only tower at my ski lake and hear it all the time. Fly high poles are crap. It is like a classic car purist, that dislikes anyone who modifies the car from original. Many tournament boats have towers and ski just as good at short line than ones without. Enjoy man and let me know if you need any help.