For Sale: 1992 Ski Nautique

DefectiveDave

• Baller

I'm selling my old 92' SN. More info here:

SIA Posting

Boat looks awful, but skis/runs great. It could be of good value to someone looking for a ski boat to fix up over the winter or just use as is.

If anyone is interested or has any questions let me know. I've posted for $8k on SIA, but I don't yet have a good sense of the value of this particular boat. I'll consider any reasonable offers.

• Baller

I watch the NWZ's like a hawk. That's a lil high for the condition. And people will try to knock a '92's value down bc it's still a wood boat, maybe more so than a 91.

goo.gl/TQjpgscontent_copyCopy short URL

This is your competition in your backyard which I feel is spot on.

Shit I really failed the link shortener which I used to have mastered. Anyways, gray 1992 in Reidsville Craigslist.

• Baller

@keithh2oskier and @Orlando76,

Thanks so far guys. It seems my cost basis might have been off somewhat. I had seen some nice condition 91-92' boats posted between $10.5-12.5k on ski-it-again, so I got my number by assuming $11k and subtracting $3k for upholstery, buffing, and decals to get it up to snuff. Perhaps those listings were wishful thinking or maybe my repair estimates were too low and didn't account for the trouble of actually doing those things.

Seems like prices are all over the place. So assuming $7.5k is the baseline for this boat. Perhaps a more appropriate cost given the condition is in the $5k range?

• Baller
Yeah prices on those NWZ's are all over the place and have been. 5, 5.5 seems right. IMO I'd clean it up over winter then raise price and you'll have a better buying crowd in spring. But I understand not wanting to put $ in it to sell it. Little tidbit on the '92's as some people say "well '93 was all composite blah blah..." CC gave a lifetime structural warranty to the original owner on all '92's.

• Baller
My showroom condition 93 went for 10K a couple weeks ago. No wood, the HO motor, rare color combo (white/red/white), just a stunning, stunning boat. Could have waited out for more but 3 boats at the same time is too much logistics, it had to go.