Looking for skiing partners in Washington

tfriess

• Baller
Hey Ballers. Just recieved orders to be stationed at Cape Disappointment in Ilwaco, WA. I am in the Coast Guard and am an avid skier from Wisconsin. I've actually never been to the Pacific Northwest. Wondering if you are still skiing or what your season is like. The station is close to Astoria and I would love to find someone I could connect with to continue to ski. I am willing to drive and reimburse for gas. Thank you.

• Baller
@tfriess - I head out that way for work fairly often. Unless you can catch a ski ride behind a container ship your probably going to have to drive a few hours. Hiking and biking in the area are great. A few good beer stops in Astoria as well. The folks I work with out there regularly travel to either Vancouver/Longview or Olympia. Both are a few hours, but both areas have a good number of ski sites.

• Baller
@jimbrake There has been a Great White attack off the point of seaside. The board was the only thing bit so I'm not sure if it was reported. I used to surf there all the time till we kept hearing rumors of an 18 footer hanging around the area, I don't know if it was true but it has kept me away!!

• Baller
@jimbrake Once your in the water there's something about surfing that makes you care less about the sharks. It's when I'm home in the recliner thinking about them is when I get nervous. I'm the same way with alligators. I see I course up in the Everglades I'd consider skiing it, but home thinking about it I don't even want to ski at Swiss.