Acapulco Ski-Tuning Clinic in February

SkiJay

• Baller

6g7n8xm39m45.jpg

We had such a great time last year, Gordon Rathbun has invited me back to put on another ski-tuning clinic for his guests at Ski Paradise. And before he fills the roster with his regulars, I thought it would be nice to give the BallOfSpray faithful a chance to participate. It’ll be a great week!

7g80py12cdet.jpg

You’ll get to ski your brains out in the middle of winter. And when you’re not on the 85° water, you’ll have a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the fascinating world of ski-tuning. You don’t have to be an advanced skier for any of this either. I’ll be tailoring personal attention to each guest individually; because a ski that works with you rather than against you makes progress easier and way more fun—regardless of your skiing ability.

iu9lblm7igce.jpg

I won’t just be tuning up everyone’s gear either. The goal is to teach everyone the nuances of ski behavior, and how to custom tune that behavior for yourself so the ski does what you’re expecting it to do. Having a full week makes it possible to work through more than one setup too. How would you like to experience long/shallow and short/deep setups back to back AND understand why one might be your favorite? You can get a lot of ski-tuning questions answered, then grab a coach and take your new setup straight onto the water to work on technique. It’ll be skiing nirvana.

3dp88pfhidx6.jpg

By the time you go home, your ski, your skiing, your ski-tuning craft, and your tan will all be tuned up for an early jump on the season. And I can’t imagine a better venue than Ski Paradise for this kind of immersive ski adventure. It’s pretty nice getting to do all this surrounded by palm trees, fun people, five star accommodations, and more gourmet food than you can eat.

If you think you might want to join us, check out Ski Paradise at: http://skiparadise.com then contact Dee Rathbun at: dirathbun@aol.com or 408-730-9929 PST.

Yeah Jay! Looking forward too having you back with us for another week this season! This was definitely one of the weeks where I learned the most personally in the past couple years and am looking forward to playing with a new stack of skis with you! For everyone else, YES it is that worth it! No matter the skill level, everyone can benefit from the information Jay possesses.

• Baller
Anybody have any idea of the price for a week? Or is it one of those if you have to ask the price you can't afford it. I looked on the web site and there is no mention of cost. I realize it is a first class experience and could be considered a once in a lifetime trip so understand if nobody wants to talk cost. If needed PM can be sent.

• Baller

Sorry I've been MIA. We lost a day to travel returning to Florida, then a second day to no internet as a hurricane Andrew-related power surge had taken out most of the electronics at our house. Interesting insight into what an EMP would do to our lives—not good.

Thanks for stepping in @Tevskis. For those of you unfamiliar with @Tevskis, he knows what he's talking about. He's the professional staff coach at Ski Paradise, a fabulous skier, a great coach, and an all-round awesome guy! Looking forward to seeing you and being inspired by you again, Tevin!