Radar extend handles dead now?

Waternut

• Baller
Are these handles completely gone now? I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore. All of the guys I ski with love them. I know one of the guys has been through about 4 replacement handles and he's re-strung it twice now. I just broke the rope on mine after 3 handle changes last weekend. I'd re-string mine too but I let go of it when it broke and probably won't be able to get it back.

• Baller
A reliable source told me that Radar quit making the Extend handles, but they make a replacement. The replacement handle has rope coming over the top and bottom of each end of the bar (instead of the standard center). I think this will eliminate pinching of the outside finger as well as the Extend does, but it does reduce the width of the bar. The Extend made a 12" bar feel wider than a standard 13" handle. The Extend is my favorite handle too. I have four of them and three replacement bars which may be enough to finish my ski career.

• Baller

Yeah I saw Radar had a new anti-roll handle but honestly I never really noticed handle roll. However, I loved the idea of being able to spend an extra $20 and switch to a radius handle, elliptical, V shape, or straight round handle as my hands and joints decided the need.

It's painful trashing 2 or 3 $100+ handles a year just because they've been chewed up and hurt your hands or elbows. Maybe Radar felt they weren't selling because people just bought one.

• Baller_
Correct on not making the Extend handle anymore, also from a close source. I also liked the handle, both for economical bar replacement, elliptical bar, and also the thin ends making misgrabs not quite so alarming. Would like to see it or a similar version with a replaceable bar again. The replacement Vapor seems very nice but have not been able to give it a try yet, hopefully Radar will add an elliptical bar option soon.