Centurion Carbon Pro canned?

osuskiiershea

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
@Kdinger838 mmmmm yea I can understand how they told you that. If what I have been told is correct there will be a new Carbon Pro (direct drive) in 2018 and what the Centurion rep told you is also true. Have fun with that.

• Baller
I was at the factory not long ago and there were no finished carbon pros there. Bummed as I wanted to see one. Was not there boat shopping but for work. I sell adhesives and my company is looking into manufacturing bonding adhesive for the marine industry. Anyway there was one carbon pro there . It was obviously getting some r&d work to it. I was told then a redesign was in the works. I don't see why they would rename it a supreme. Doesn't really matter though. They build both lines side by side in the same building. From what I was told the majority of the money savings in the supreme was in the stereo systems and ballast.

• Baller
The last tournament approved Supreme was the '92 Ski Supreme CS. It was actually a pretty good boat, as the first that incorporated bacwards facing steps to move water around under the boat. It was also the first hull that resulted in a little extra drag requiring extra horsepower. Mine, with a ProBoss 285 was the only one that I am aware of that actually pulled a regionals. (I swapped in a second 285 as the first didn't quite make enough power). In '93 they sent a boat to the boat test with a green 260hp Mercruiser which didn't have enough power to pass the acceleration test.

• Administrators

You guys laugh all you want. I skied for years with a guy that has one of those boats that KLM massaged. Freaking awesome tug.

I will give myself an off-topic and move on.