Skiing in November?

JAG

• Baller_

The weather is beatiful in Otown and the water is still warm. I haven't had to break out any form of rubber yet, though I'd bring a heater top "just in case."

We are skiing daily at LaPoint Ski Park and will do so throughout the winter. We'd be happy to accommodate you, either with coaching or uncoached ski rides. We are centrally located in Orlando, about 15 minutes away from the airport. If you move right along, it's possible to be on the water in the course within an hour of landing on the tarmac.

Let me know if we can help you out.

Lpskier

• Baller

And the central Florida winds finally laid down, been a very windy fall but the attached image was the east course on John's Lake at 10:15 am this morning, absolutely beautiful! Still not wearing a heater top but will likely need to start next week as a cold front is pushing through tonight with a low in the 40s tonight.8afx391pkpsv.jpg

• Baller

LPskier,

That sounds like winter paradise!! Very generous of you guys and accommodating.

Where exactly is the lake? What's the best way for out of towners and northerners to get in touch with you or someone to get a pull during the winter?

This is great for the ski community :)

• Baller
@scoke I see from searching here that you are associated with Levees Edge - my daughter lives about 7.48 miles away. I'm headed down between Christmas and New Years. I realize it's not as warm as WPB down there in December, but it's still warmer than home in PA... If you'll be skiing might I be able to bum a ride?

• Baller_
@scoke We are about 3 miles west of Performance. Find the intersection of Sand Lake Road and John Young Parkway on Google Earth. Move just north to where the Florida Turnpike crosses John Young and you'll see two lakes, one to the right of John Young (Andy's lake) and an L shaped one to the left. The L shaped lake is us. Anyone can message me through BOS and I'll hook 'em up.

Lpskier