Vapor? Senate? or HO CX?

Ryota

• Baller

Hi

In Japan, 99.8%of college waterskier start their waterski career when they enter College and leave the team, retire after collegiate nationals in Senior year which is their 4th year.

Most of skier end up running 58k/18m(36mph/15off) or some end up running 16m or 14m.

What I want to ask is when they buy new slalom ski,do you think they should buy wider ski like Radar Senate?

or high end skis like Vapor considering their speed and skills.

They can buy ski only once in 4 years.

I'm coaching my freshmen who isn't running course at 43k yet now. He is using 66inch Syndicate V-type R.

But considering his speed, I thought wider ski should be better for him to improve his ski.

What do you think?Any advices?

Thank you all!

I really like the senate, but I also think different people are better on different skis. I may actually think a CX is better, but in my case, I am currently trying to fix 15-20 years of poor form so the senate has worked well for me in that sense.

• Baller

I personally prefer the stability and forgiveness of the mid-level skis (like the Senate, CX, Connelly V, etc.) for my level of skiing (55k, -15) and plan to stay on this level of ski until I reach consistency at -28 (which actually may never occur depending on my access to water time).

However, if I were at an age that required a max speed of 36mph I would probably be on an Alloy Vapor to get the forgiveness but be able to handle the higher speed. Most of the mid-level skis are not designed to be ridden faster than 34mph.

• Baller

@TallSkinnyGuy @Horton

Thank you for the comment.

To reach the 55k faster from current their level( not running 46k yet), you guys think they should go with a wider ski?

Using wider ski until they go 36/58k and then change the ski to narrower ski like Vapor or Syndicate should be better for them?