I love jump

Horton

• Baller

Funny. I landed my first one ever...a ride-over at collegiate regionals. Was not one of our jumpers but our best jumper blew his knee training the night before the competition.

I had some time on jumpers screwing around and jumping the wake so at least the skis were not foreign. I got pulled off the dock and popped off the wake, then did the whole pick one way up and slam it down like Sammy Duvall. Took some big cuts approaching the jump...the other teams expecting big things...then settled into a ride-over with boat close to the jump.

Seemed easy enough, so I tell the driver go ahead and take the jump course I'll take a single wake cut at it. I'm sure they were laughing fiendishly inside knowing what was to come.

I take my cut, hit the jump and come off the top of that thing like a slalom skier posing. Body goes from angled to horizontal as I go airborne, release one hand and there I am all stretched out. I think I yelled something that rhymes with "puck" before impact. I passed on my third attempt! The side of that left ski did not feel real good coming down on my other shin.