Baller Index is back

Horton

• Baller

@Horton say what?

From the baller archives

The Baller Index was created with the idea of giving skiers around the world a way to accurately judge conditions across all temperature scales. We decided that the perfect day would be 80°F(26.6°C) water & air which totals 160(71°C) that would create a Baller Index (BI) of 100. The rule of thumb is the 100°F(37.8°C) rule or 50°F(10°C) air & water is the limit of insanity (or we hope) so it has a BI of 0. If your limit is below 0 on the BI scale you are a true diehard or your brain is frozen from all those freezing sets either way enjoy your time on the water.

We had the team at Baller Labs crunch the numbers to come up with an equation so that we can actively use this scale with out having to bring our homemade slide rule with us. The team cracked the equation and we set them on the task of developing a way for us to use on BOS. Needless to say they pulled through once again

• Baller

@MISkier, With the cold temps. ( BI -43 ), bad water conditions and being on a tight schedule, I just grabbed the first available boat, (16 TXI).

A number of skiers there mentioned how soft the wakes were compared to previous models. With one quick pass up and down the lake after a month off in poor conditions, I not sure how they can make that claim, I know I couldn't, ( but hopping it's true).

After looking at the 17 in person it going to take a while to get used to looks. Back looks like a N autique with the front of a MC. Fit and finish are normal Malibu quality. The dash with analog gauges and the color patterns on the hull will take some time to get use to. Other then the looks it should make a great club boat.

Larry -----<|