6000.... are you kidding me? Now that's how you grow the sport. What a GREAT story!!!!!

Wish

• Baller_
@OB1 that is why I requested being PMed. I actually made this exact same offer on BOS some time ago. Posting my site all over the place does nothing but bring potential wallys to interrupt what could be teaching/helping/just diving for youth. Not soft.

• Baller
Great story. As much as I love slamming through buoys, a greater fulfillment is teaching all my nieces and nephews to ski. A while ago, I trained a niece and nephew for a tournament at Lake Grew at AWSA. BOTH of them made all four passes in the "fun" group. Watching them accomplish this was better than a tournament PB! Their sense of accomplishment and excitement was incredible. Taught a great nephew this summer behind a pontoon boat. He did not care it was not behind a ski boat....he got up and skied. The smile on his face was priceless! Maybe chasing buoys for so long we forgot we all started skiing for fun. Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

• Baller_
It's the funniest thing. I teach my daughters friends to ski-sorta. She wants little to do with it 99% of the time, but she loves teaching them and she's pretty good at it. Fun part is, she tends to want to ride the combos for fun cause she sees their reaction and the pure fun on their face. Takes her about 4 seconds to become bored riding combos so I drag her butt through the slolom course on them and all the jaws drop in the boat as her friends realize what she is capable of. Last hurrah this summer before they are all off to college. Hoping to get several more up and going....well, hoping she will anyway. :-)

• Baller

I have taught a fair number of people wakeboarding and surfing (hey, ANYTHING to get them on the water) my record is 5 new people up on a board in a week. My number is probably close to 100, but I don't think I'll ever catch this guy.

I would definitely do "beginning to ski" clinics a few times a summer though. It'd be a lot of fun...