Wakeye app crashing

JordanOz

• Baller

Hi everyone.

Is anyone else having issues with the Wakeye app crashing? I am using a 128gb iPhone 6s, usually have the app set in auto starting at 30km/h, zoom 1.25x and 120fps. Have not had issues before, used it last 2 weeks ago. Tried to use it again today, every pass the app would crash when the boat reached 30k and the recording should have started. Even tried in manual mode, and every time record button was pressed it would crash. Tried different settings with zoom and fps, still no joy. The video camera function in camera works fine though, so not sure it's a phone issue.

Is anyone else having issues and have a solution?

• Baller_
I have the same problem. My understanding that the problem is the relationship between the WakeEye program and the most recent update of the IPhone 6 operating system. I believe WakeEye is working on the problem, though I'm a bit surprised it is taking so long. I discovered the problem six plus weeks ago. In any event a solution is coming. If you have an old phone you can probably find that the app works and you then have a temporary fix while we wait for the update.

Lpskier

• Baller_
Ha!!! And my daughter keeps getting frustrated with me because I don't do updates. I keep telling her that apps start not working. She says that's not true. Not sure what iOS version I have on my 6s, guessing old but will film tomorrow...betting it works. iOS updates are more annoying then they are worth.

• Baller
Thanks for the responses guys, glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with it right now. Funny thing is, it is on my work iPhone which is 128gb and mostly empty which I have done the update on, yet I have the app on my personal iPhone which is only 16gb, but it's full of other crap and doesn't have enough room to take a video and have not done the update. Bummer. Oh well, hopefully an update comes from either Wakeye or Apple by Friday when I need it. :p

• Baller
@scotchipman some of the Android phone makers have 120fps (aka slo mo) in their native camera apps, but none had exposed the feature for app developers to access. We found an SDK that appears to do 120fps on Android devices that support it. Its still currently in beta version

• Baller_

@Jibbo iPhone 6s. Last set Wakeye did not work. Each black screen was supposed to be a pass. Not only did it not record the 8 passes, but when you tap them to erase, it crashes the app. App was updated. It did this once before but it's been a loooong time. Worked great until today.

rz0wfd2rs6bw.png

• Baller
@wish This has happened to me before and it has been because the iPhone doesn't have enough memory to store the video clip. The app doesn't tell you it doesn't have enough storage to save your video, and starts recording and stops normally. Try deleting some of your old videos to make room on your iPhone for your new videos.

• Baller

@Jibbo the other day I set wakeye to 120 fps. It recorded every pass but as soon as I pulled out for the gate it went into slow motion. I changed it to 60 fps and it worked normal.

Edit: used with iPhone 5s with current iOS and update Wakeye app.

• Baller_

@Jibbo want to commend you on getting back to those of us that have glitches every now and then. It shows that you care about the product and the user. I've loved this app from day one.

I'm thinkn it may be something else. I have 16gigs of available space on my 6s.

Could it be a battery thing.? When we wentt out, the phone had 26% battery. At one point, maybe 1 or 2 passes in, the phone alerted user that there was only 20% left. User tapped ok and by the end of the set, there was 16%. I only know this because I was worried it would run out before end of the set.

The other issue is how do I get rid of the corrupt files? If I touch any of the it crashed the app.

Again, thank you for supporting the users as well as you do.

• Baller
@Wish yes if a message comes up like that i think the app will stop recording. Always best to keep the battery full or even hook up to your boats 12v accessory power which I know some skiers do just so it doesn't run out. The GPS usage on your iPhone chews up a lot of battery power. The only way to get rid of those corrupt files is to delete the app and reinstall. Be sure to save any videos within the app to to your library otherwise you will lose them.