Salad In The Spray

ozski

• Baller
Watching some wake eye footage of myself today I noticed I'm throwing up a fair bit of lake weed in the spray and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments on how that may or may not influence the performance of the ski. I do have a few falls in the area that has the most weed so I started wondering if I can shift some of the blame... @SkiJay thoughts comments?

• Baller
Ha! Figuring out how the ski moves through water is challenging enough @ozski, never mind vegetation. That said, I've been dumped on my face by a few strands of carbon sticking out of the sidewall of the ski after a handle strike. Blaming the weeds for some falls sounds pretty legit to me.

• Baller
It definitely can make the ski blow out if there is a lot of weeds. It happened a lot to me. I suspect that dense weeds that grow up close to the surface (less than a foot) can make the water feel as if it was shallower. Could I be right @SkiJay? On my site where there is a lot of weeds I run my fin very deep and short to keep the tip up and tail down. It helped me a lot.

• Baller
If you have google earth plug in Hoff Lake, MN. YOu can see where our courses are on the SE shore and the NW shore and a cut through the weeds from dock to the NW course. The rest is weed mat we farm it with the boat in the ski path so that we can ski around the buoys and create a set down/shorten up area.