Get any cool gifts?

Nando

• Baller

Sunvalleylaw's D3 gift from his bride is well-documented proof of her love for him, and though I didn't get anything like that from my spouse (though she did go for a boat upgrade this year), my brother in law built me this cool dock bench from a Cypress Gardens El Diablo and a World Skis Joe Cash signature model (fin numbers on the Joe Cash ski, just 'cause I had to check are: L= 6.749, D= 3.874, DFT= 3.839).fuempx0hhq3d.jpg

Any other cool gifts out there?

• Baller

This year my wife gave me some framed reproduced images of the first patents for waterskis. They will look pretty sweet in the man cave!

Also, when we first started dating she made the slalom course drawing with the dimensions and such. Many people that come to the house have no idea what it is. It's a good conversation piece. When she gave me that for my birthday several years ago, I thought she might be a keeper. Ultimately her driving got better, so I married her...

ld9izmysc11l.jpg

329x5j289ac9.jpg

• Baller

My wife did all the work and found a good bimini top to order for our boat.

And then a duck hunting buddy told me he had one sitting in his shop he no longer used and that we could take it. So instead of ordering the new bimini we will take this one and use the cash towards a lift.

Sure our boat is blue and the top is green, but I won't care if it makes shade, and double won't care when I no longer have to pull the boat in and out each day.

@Nando that looks awesome!!! Would make one of those if I hadn't given some old wood skis to @Mrs_MS neighbors kitty corner on her lake.

• Baller

Not ski related but my wife really floored me with her gift. She gave me the three day build school for the Factory Five 33 Hot Rod. If your not familiar with the car it's a great kit car that is a cross between a hot rod and a sportscar. Told my gearhead buddy what she got me and he said I might want to keep her, No Sh-t!

• Baller
received a gift certificate for @perfski. Gave my son his first slalom ski. Was'nt quite sure on the purchase as he has been luke warm on skiing. To my suprise he was really excited and wanted to ski today. Most of the time I have to talk him into going. Got in with just board shorts.

• Baller
@Dacon62 I don't worry too much about amoeba, but some people do... I get bad headaches for a couple days if I get too much lake water up the nose. Some people's sinuses are such that the water doesn't drain out well. I found a thread on a surfing forum about some that had the same issue, and even had sinus surgery to fix it. I'll opt for the nose clips for now......