Ski Club Membership Fees?

OldGuysRule

• Baller
My five partners and I who own our own ski lake and club boat are talking/discussing about inviting some additional skiers to use our facility. There's lots of down time when the lake is not in use and we think we have room for some more skiers. They would need to supply their own boat and could store it on site in enclosed storage on site when not in use. What do other ski clubs charge for similar arrangements? We are located in the Mid West so we ski from April to November.

• Baller
We're in KY, so our season is comparable. Our club dues for the last several years have been $700 for individual or head of household with $75 for each additional member of that household. Bring your own boat, but $50 per month for indoor storage. Come up with a membership agreement so everyone will be on the same page. I think I'll go to $800 and $100 respectively for 2017. I just try to meet expenses. Port-a-John, electric bill, mowing, supplies, repairs, etc. I also require USAWS membership and trained or rated drivers. I sanction practice in an effort to jump through USAWS insurance hoops. Still don't know how good the coverage would be if I needed it. Dave, you can PM me or regular email (see my profile) if you want more info or a sample agreement.

• Baller_

I paid $150 per year for individual and $200 per year for family at one club for several years. After losing their site and shuffling through other temporary arrangements, the club found a new site that was more expensive and raised dues to about $800 or $900 last year for individual. All different sites and prices were bring your own boat, but no storage. They are looking to add a club boat soon. I don't know what that will do to their cost.

I am in a different club now with boat, gas, clubhouse, all amenities included. Obviously, it is more expensive.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Back in the Back When, our ski club membership was of the order of $200. per year

so we could get a new boat each year. The money paid for the bank loan, plus the

site maintenance. No one got rich off it, and we squeaked by year on and on. Worked

fine, as long as people ponied up.

• Baller
Ocean pond club now has 12 members (started with 4 non even a year ago), we are about having fun and doing some tournaments (growing the sport) not having people pay large amount of money to someone. Was on a private lake for many years and it was not worth all the headaches.

• Baller
Miami is 900/ family plus an initiation fee one time first year...and need your own boat or partner w someone.also have the ability to become an associate/temporary member ranging from 100 - 1000..onsite storage for rent or sale...and we have clubhouse/ bathrooms/shower, tiki hut w grills, kids swim area...pretty sweet setup