Tahoe boat hire

coxjon

As mentioned on here previously, we are heading out to California for our hols this year and we have a couple of days at South Lake Tahoe. I have found a number of places who hire out boats like; http://tahoesports.com/power-boat-rentals/ but by the look of it all their boats have outboard.

Any direction to places I can hire a mid engine ski/wake boat for a few hours?

Found this one only at a resonable price - https://boatbound.co/boats/bdphj?pos=4&

• Baller
Cant help you on rentals but when were you thinking of going? We stay often in N Lake Tahoe and keep a Cobalt on a buoy all summer. The lake can get pretty nasty even during the summer with wind and other boat wakes. Any watersports is best to be done early in the morning. We often don't head out past mid-morning because it just turns to a mess. But that being said it is a beautiful lake to boat on.

• Baller
I would skip the ski boat and rent a larger boat. Tahoe is an amazing lake but not for watersports. It's really cold too. I often take my ski boat but leave the skiis at home. I only have the one boat so have no choice. But if I had a choice I would rather be on a cobalt !! 4 of July will be a zoo have fun !!

• Baller

If you want to ski seriously, drop down to BelAqua or one of the lakes in Sacramento or Marysville. There are a couple lakes in Carson City as well. Boca reservoir used to have a course, I skied there decades ago. Fallen Leaf has summer camps with skiing. Tahoe proper might be the worst option for serious skiing. Coldest for sure. Prettiest though.

Eric

• Baller

@socalskier I looked into High Sierra Water Ski out of the Sunnyside and you can rent a Nautique but they don't allow the renter to pull a waterskier. So if you just want to ride around it's $140/hr. If you want to ski you have to have someone from the company pull you, probably at a higher cost. But I'm sure someone could figure out a way to get a ski ride in if you get my drift.

The Sunnyside is a beautiful spot for lunch or dinner and the food is good, typical resort prices. Beautiful view of the lake and Mountains.