lifevests

apskier

For the past 5 years I have been using the same o'brien life jacket (I'm pretty sure I'm over it's weight limit) and am looking for a new jacket. I want a comp vest but ski on a public lake where they are very strict on life jackets. Are there any USCGA lifejackets close to a comp vest? If not what one do you think is best?

• Baller
I have this one on order after doing a lot of research: Radar Vapor X-Vest 2.0 Front Zip CGA Life Vest 2017. I was using an O'neill Outlaw for years (non-USCGA), but after a nasty hit on the head from my ski this past summer that could have knocked me out, I decided the extra flotation of a USCGA vest is a better choice. I hope the Radar X-Vest lives up to its hype.

• Baller

Take a look at O'Neill Revenge and Law. Both are USCG approved and have non-CG approved versions.

I've been using the same USCG Revenge for about 7-8 years. The hidden buckles and distribution of the foam floatations seem to help me get the handle in closer to my body. It's also held up really well. I'm looking to replace it this season since the foam is just starting to loose a little of its buoyancy. It still floats me OK but I also ski on a public lake and I'm of the opinion that if something happens while skiing, it's a lot easier to save me if I'm floating at the surface.