California Skiing

Stevie Boy

• Supporting Member
Bel Aqua lake 1, in Rio Linda may have something. They usually have a coach on staff. If you just want a ride, we ski at the pond in Santa Clara. 2 1/2 hours south of Sacramento, 35 minutes from the beach in Santa Cruz.

• Baller

@wski1831 - 35 minutes from the beach? You mean if you take 152 over at 3:00 AM on a Tuesday? Just messin' with you. I used to drive almost daily from Aptos to the pond to jump in a white capping tail wind. I never made it in 35 minutes.

Bell Acqua Lake 1 does indeed have a coach - aussie Craig Irons. Very good guy. Will be back from down unda in May.

• Baller
@Horton - shhhyaaahh. He is a great addition to the lake. Very personable and professional. I've never seen so many new faces at the lake, there to take lessons with Craig. If I'm not mistaken, and ski historians correct me please, Craig was the first to run 35 off at Moomba.

• Baller

Many Thanks for the input ,I have passed the Information onto my ski buddy, I have to say Liquidzone looks like a amazing water ski lake/location, I might just have to give that a go myself, and the prospect of maybe picking up some top class coaching with Twhisper as well, in saying that Janie Fausold seems to have some pretty good credentials herself.

Again Thank You for the Info

You can ski with Terry Winter at Liquid Zone just North of Sacramento. He coaches there several weeks a year. More info at www.trainwithterrywinter.com/on-site-training/. New this year, they also offer driver only rides for $45. More info at www.skiliquidzone.com