Help Needed University Of Iowa Waterski

Iowa_Ski_Team

Hello all, I am the President of the University of Iowa Waterski and Wakeboard Team and our contract with our sponsor has concluded and left us without a boat. We have set up a GOFUNDME in order to raise the funds needed to purchase a boat of our own that we can pass on to future members! Link can be found below. Anything helps, Thank You.

gofundme.com

• Baller_
Collegiate skiing is totally worth supporting. Aside from growing up in a skiing family, I think it is the main conduit for new blood in the sport. "Adults" that help the teams, Jeff Wiswall comes to mind, do more for the life of water skiing than most others. My daughter was a collegiate skier at Auburn and it defined her college experience. She had so much fun, my son co-founded the team at Sierra Nevada College. Keeping the club teams equipped with up to date boats is a real tough job. Some enterprising skiing alum should organize a 501©(3) to help fund raise for collegiate skiing, and of course Jodi Fisher runs Ski It Forward to help funnel equipment to the teams.

Lpskier

Thank you Razorskier1 for you donation!

As a Junior at the University I have seen the team develop and understand how hard it is to keep a college team afloat. This team has definitely defined my college experience and grown my love for skiing greatly. I have seen many great skiers come out of our team and it is my hope that many more in the future will be able to reach their full potential!

• Baller
@Clownfish: The one year that the team went to Nationals I told them they could be there every year if they would just commit to one thing - score points, any points, with every skier in every event. If that means some of your slalom skiers are on two skis, so be it! If that means some of the trickers need to be on combo tricks, so be it! Leave your pride at the dock! Complete a slalom pass, finish a trick, land a ride over. If each of your 5 skiers did that in every event, I am convinced you'll do regionals every year, and nationals many years. Still focus on getting better every time, but if the team wants to experience something really cool (going to Nats!), then make every skier commit to scoring points, every tournament, and see what happens.