Carbon Pro - Trick Skiing

bojans

• Baller

It's not an old Mastercraft Prostar but it is possible to trick behind it. The wakes are tiny and not particularly steep. But none of the current boats have sweet wakes. If you are stuck with flat wakes, they might as well be small. Easier timing to the top of the wake.

I didn't do flips behind one - hip issues - but Kirk did. Not a problem for him. Excellent table for toes. Fine for all my other tricks. Nothing bad to say about the boat. It is just a small wake.

The first year of the new Mastercraft Prostar was also a Mastercraft pulled senior worlds. There weren't many boats out there to ski behind. The Centurion felt the closest and they had become reasonably common so I got as many rides as I could, both practice and tournament. The Centurion surprised me as a decent trick boat. (The Mastercraft wakes have evolved into a bigger wake so the Centurion is not a replacement for a Mastercraft any more.)

None of the Centurions was a tricker owned boat so I can't give any useful information on where and how much to ballast. I'm sure that you can improve the wakes some with clever weighting. Maybe prop selection or some trim tabs could help as well.

The boat's trick reputation is somewhat undeserved. There are many far worse trick boats that people still love. The boat will not be the limiting factor.

Eric

• Baller

I have tricked for 2 years now behind the CP. I have it set exactly like slalom the 2 weight bags that came with the boat in the nose. For tricking I just add 50lbs behind diver. I have played with all sorts of set ups including the 3 blade. The boat is good.. I'm a 3 eventer so my boat is set up to preform in all 3. PM me if you want more info.

Jeff