Political Irony

lpskier

• Baller_
While BOS is a no politics zone, it can't be denied that BOS nonetheless has significant political clout. Case in point: The recent rule changes at AWSA. I have to think that without all the discussion on BOS about, for example, requiring a large portion of Open and Masters qualified skiers to ski those divisions at Regionals and Nationals, rule changes addressing these concerns would still be years away. This forum is read by our leaders and allows them to clearly hear how the skiers feel, and they probably hear those views two or three years sooner than they may have otherwise. It makes you wonder what else we could accomplish for the improvement of the sport.

Lpskier

• Baller_

@lpskier, good point. Many of us just rant and rave, but every once in awhile good comments get noticed.

If you have ever sat through the pain of Regional, or worse, the National membership meeting, you can understand how difficult it is to get objective opinions on issues that really matter in front of the decision makers and effect change.

So here on BOS, we have a unique free-forum to debate the pros and cons of any given issue and the really unique part is that is it mostly civil and productive!

Oh yeah, the executive order really should be to ban wake boards and wake surfing. Trick skiing IS real skiing.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Administrators

@Onside135 yes that post was funny. I even shared it on Facebook. This is not Facebook. I removed it from this forum twice already because the last thing I want to do is allow the conversation here to involve National non water-ski politics.

We made it all the way through the election cycle and a little over a week into the new presidency before there was any Trump reference here. If anybody would like to be permanently banned from this forum start talking about Trump or national politics right now. I have zero sense of humor on the subject.

• Baller_
I think one of the strong points of BOS is the number of actual skiers that sound up. Without trying to offend anyone, the regional meetings I have attended seem to be an older crowd (I'm 60, so if the shoe fits...) some of whom may not still compete and therefore don't necessarily see the concern from the skier's perspective. In a sense, this forum is the younger member's attendance at the regional/national meeting.

Lpskier