A/B Comparison Connelly V vs Carbon V?

blinddog

• Administrators
@blinddog I have both. I prefer the regular Connelly V over the Carbon V. This may not be totally fair because the Carbon V I have was a first gen and I think they have improved it since. Bottom line is the basic Connelly V is a really good ski for your level.

I switched from the Prophecy to the V about 3-4 years ago, because the V was slightly wider and it got me up quicker and was less taxing on my body so I could run more passes with less fatigue. My son (who is a much better skier than me) is telling me the Carbon V would have the same effect compared to the classic V because it's lighter. That is the main reason for my interest. Any comments on that idea? Anything to get me up quicker and create less fatigue is important to me at my age (59).

• Baller_
Either ski will work fine for you at your level. The Carbon ski has a little more "life" to it, and if you had the choice I'd say it is the better ski, but the regular V is a nice forgiving ski with plenty of performance at 32/15, 32/22, 34/15 34/22.

Lpskier