15 year old son-Syndicate or CX SL

ak67866

New to the board......living in wisconsin we have a very short window to get on the water. My son is looking to become more competitive within the slalom arena. He has ridden his big sisters Radar and would like to get into his own ski. More of an intermediate slalom skier at this time. Mom was an instructor back in the day so he has had some good coaching. What ski would serve him well now and in the near future. He is 15 and 130 lbs. Any guidance would be helpful.

@Horton----He is looking to "run balls".....but don't want him to get into a ski that is too much at this time. He is really focused on the syndicate due to it not being a "crossover" Found some 2014's for a decent price point. But I have also read some great stuff on the CS Superlite.

• Baller
He will be fine on a Syndicate both for free skiing and runnin the course. The Superlite CX will do both as well but he may be a little disappointed every time he goes out on it because it isn't what he wanted. If the money difference isn't great I would go with the Syndicate.

• Elite Skier
@ak67866 I would honestly consider testing the Superlite CX. HO has a demo program where you can get the ski for a couple of weeks and test it out. Despite CX and TX fall in the crossover category, the use of core and materials in the Superlite versions is the same as the Syndicate models. Yet, because of the more forgiving shape, it will help your son really focus on technique!

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.