Boot/Glove Dryer

I5boi

Does anyone use a dryer for wet gloves or boot liners? For those of us up North or in less then ideal climates, this could be nice. The temperatures of some snow skiing products appear to be low enough to not affect intuition liners??

Thoughts, ideas or other ideas? It's easy during the hot summer months but what about early spring or late fall?

• Baller

I don't dry boots or gloves but don't see any reason why one couldn't. I do use a dryer for snow ski boots and the intuition liner looks the same to me.

I do use a produce called UK hangair wet suit dryer. It has an electric fan built in the hanger and will dry a wetsuit/drysuit overnight. A dry wetsuit is a lot more pleasant to put on.

• Baller

Alpine ski boot is good when it is dry, whereas water ski boot works good when it is wet.

Anyway we made water ski boot wet before use.

For sanitary reason it is more important to keep water ski boot clean by frequently washing it with soap in running water. If we do this - no odor bacteria would develop.

• Baller
I recently made a dryer for snow ski boots and gloves. A hairdryer is attached to PCV in the shape of an H with verticals coming out of each end. I actually added a Y to the verticals so that I can get a boot and glove on each side and dry 2 sets off boots and gloves at once. Hair dryer on med heat and high fan gets everything to about 120 F. It works great for my snow gear, should work well for waterski stuff.

• Baller
I use a Peet Boot Dryer (similar to this one). I use it for my work boots during the rainy season and then in the spring/fall I use it for my intuition liners. It doesn't get very hot, just circulates warm air. They are pretty cheap and work well. I have been using a similar dryer for work boots for over 12 years. I haven't tried ski gloves on it, but I have put lined leather work gloves on my spare dryer and it worked well. Peet makes a variety of styles, I believe they have some with glove spots and even some tall ones for waders.

• Baller
For my ski boots they just sit next to the dehumidifier in the basement, I don't like to have any heat at all circulating in heat to fit liners and shells. For the waterskis and wetsuits they just hang in the garage. Having the skis hanging up side down from the rack seems to dry them out fine.