Upgrade engine

Mikekk

• Baller
Call Tim at inboard solutions. When I did mine it was around 4200. I think prices have gone up. I bet you are close to 5k. It is a complete engine wiring harness kit ECM and brackets to mount all the new stuff and ZO. Or you could talk to @Kelvin he had a 5.7L he was taking out of a 200 that would have pretty much everything you would need. Might save a few dollars that way.

• Baller
Jody Seal (Florida Inboards) converted my 2004 several years ago. Still works perfectly. If you have a 196 Limited, the cost is higher. The Ski 196 is a less expensive conversion. The $4-5K estimate looks realistic depending on what 196 you have. Also, you can recoup some of the conversion cost by selling the old PP. MWN

• Baller
I did mine myself with thr kit from Tim, $4500.00 I have keyless ignition and i did a Faria gauge conversion at the same time which was 800ish if memory serves.,, spent a solid weekend working on it and about 10 calls to Tim, and it started up on first try... PP stuff sold for about 400, but i had to buy the guy that bought it a new paddle wheel