Seadek or Raptor deck for a Malibu Lxi or Txi?

bigskieridaho

• Baller
So I have my 2009 response and decided the carpet color is horrible. Way too light and I have young kids too so not a good combo. Anyone know of precut deck for these boats? I saw the swim deck but that was it. I figured if any thing I was going to have to have it cut, or just buy a roll and start measuring. I do like carpet, but just over having to clean and worry about it. Any insight would be awesome!

• Baller
I believe SeaDek has a lot of patterns stored and can also send you a "kit" to make templates that they then cut to your specs. I have seen a lot of custom jobs on their website and they look really slick. Removing the carpet and glue doesn't sound like a lot of fun however!

• Baller
I visited with SeaDek at a recent BoatShow and I'm having them make me new original padding for my swim platform. I have the old 3 piece section with the logo in the middle and they made a template to replicate the original shape, cutouts, etc., so we'll see how it looks when done. They've been extremely easy to work with and very professional, so this is sort of a pre-recommendation. :)

• Baller
Carpet saver is a good option. I wouldn't be too scared about your carpet though. The stuff in my inlaws 04 LXI gets pretty scummed up and always comes clean with some simple green and a pressure washer. If you are worried about kids and your carpet then I'd be more worried about the vinyl. Best bet is to ban Cheetos, fruit punch, and anything else that stains from the boat. There are plenty of snacks and drinks that don't ruin stuff.

• Baller

@oldjeep what do you mean by simple green? I have a 2004 Lxi too with a grey carpet with food&drink and a little motor oil as well.

Also the drive shaft cover is collapsing and my plywood fix didn't last very long. Any one have any ideas? Ice out in a month! (Fingers crossed)

• Baller
@bigskieridaho What you could do is what I see a lot of promo people do. They put down microfiber towels down on top of the carpet. It's a cheap solution. They will stay in place once you lay them down. When they get dirty you could just pick them out and wash them.

• Baller

@Wolfgang - simple green is just a spray cleaner you can buy just about anywhere - home depot, hardware store, grocery store. It is a good degreaser and seems to remove most of the oil, mold, lake scum from carpet.

As for your cover - I'd get a piece of king starboard or just have your dealer replace it. That honeycomb panel should be covered under the lifetime hull warranty.

Link

http://simplegreen.com/images/products/social/2700000113033.jpg

• Baller
Malibu sent be a carpet saver instead of replacing the carpet, (stains from lake water). Saver has a rubber backing, so not mush leaks through. The only time it get soaked underneath get wet is after a major rain storm, just roll it up and let it dry.

Larry -----<|