Zero Off GPS replacement Puck $1500 for a 2012 Mastercraft. Has anyone else heard this?????

oldmanskier

• Baller

Our club boat is a 2012 Mastercraft Pro Star197 with a Zero Off 2 puck system. Took to dealer for spring maintenance to get it ready for ski season. I asked them to look at our Zero Off system due to the following:

At times we get a No GPS message. We have to cut boat off, switch battery off, let sit for a few minutes, turn battery back on and start boat. This usually resolves the issue. Sometimes we have to do the process twice or three times.

MC dealer researched and said they could not get Diagnostics c screen to come up.

They called Zero Off and Zero Off sent them software to install.

Diagnostics screen started working and one of the GPS pucks showed bad.

Our boat can operate on one puck but would like both to work.

Mc dealer called Zero Off company and Zero Off said we would have to get the part directly from Mastercraft company.

It would cost $1500.

I and the MC dealer were shocked.

Zero Off said it was due to our Zero Off being the competition system and Mastercraft soft ware they use for the GPS pucks for their boats.

I asked about the $450 puck advertised on the Zero Off web site but Zero Off said it would not work on the Mastercraft.

Not for sure what club will decide to do as boat currently works on one good Gps puck.

Anyone else heard of a Zero Off Puck costing $1500 for a 2012 MC????????.

Thanks.

Oldmanskier

• Baller
Well it certainly sounds strange that the puck is unique to Mastercraft and ZO units won't work. I would be willing to gamble on the pucks that are available from GPSCity. Search BOS for the thread that has a link to that puck for $139.

• Baller

Thanks for all the suggestions. The club decided not to do the $1500 Zero Off purchase from Mastercraft Company that Zero Off said was needed.

The MC dealer even said we should look for cheaper options first due that was the first time they had heard of a $1500 part needed for Zero off.

Thanks again.

oldmanskier

oldmanskier,

I saw your post along with some others on here and ZO has made a change for their Garmin Puck pricing in response. The new price is $250 and you can order them right off the website. I have attached the link to help, please let me know if you have any questions. I don't monitor this site as often as I should, so if you need me quickly just email me at ntmare230@gmail.com

Garmin Puck

• Baller

Thanks for taking time to reply Freddy. Our boat is back from shop and the Zero off has been working fine so far on the one good puck. I will save the site you sent in case our club needs to get another puck. Thanks again for the reply and I hope you have a great season this year.

Oldmanskier.

• Baller

Try Greg Chapman's directions :

Push and hold on/off/menu

When the page comes up, use the arrows to highlight and select SCREEN

Arrow to DIAGNOSTICS and select

Select to clear HISTORY

Press on/off/menu twice to exit back to the normal display (note that this worked perfectly the first time but was a bit weird when I was checking just now - lots of random multiple button pushing, mostly on/off/menu, got me back to the normal screen with a working GPS display).

Sometimes the pucks haven't failed but just need a reset. This worked for me when I thought I needed new pucks a couple years ago.

Eric

@skierjp wish I would have known that was an option!

@JackQ I appreciate the offer, but decided to order them through my dealer. Figured it would be best in case the new pucks show up not working or something of that nature. Then I can have them deal with returning them to ZO :)