2017 Best slalom V-drive

escmanaze

• Baller
So Model year 2017 is officially upon us. Malibu messed up their VTX hull last year. Nautique discontinued the Sport 200, so now we are left with the new 20 VTX vs. the GS20 vs. the XT20. Which one is the best for slalom? Anybody got any time behind them or any video evidence of one being better than another?

• Baller
@scotchipman My understanding is that before 2016 you could order it with the wake hull or the slalom hull and after 2016 you can only order it with the wake hull, so the slalom suffered. However, that is a very astute observation about the weight. I would have to imagine even with a wake hull, it starts with a large advantage to be 1,000 pounds lighter.

• Baller

2017 VTX did chance considerably and not even in our boat rotation anymore. The wake is much bigger and in my opinion not skiable. If you utilize the optional center mount pylon the tower now gets in the way of the rope at any length shorter than 15 off.

A buddy upgraded from a 2014 VTX that was very skiable at 28 - 32 off and now it is exclusively in the surf boat rotation only!