Am I on the right ski?

bojans

• Baller

A little background. I am currently a 34mph skier who can occasionally get into -22. Between some knee issues and a few back surgeries I am really just happy to still be able to ski and want to continue to do so with my kids who are developing a love for the sport. At my best I was getting into -28 @ 36, I would like to get back into regularly shortening the line, but given my injuries, will probably will not push hard enough to get beyond -28 @ 34.

I am currently on a 2016 Lithium Vapor, I love the ski but after seeing some recent info and receiving some opinions I am wondering if a Lithium Senate might be a bit easier on the body without holding back on the level of performance I need. One of my biggest issues are deep water starts, I can do them, but the load it puts on my back sometimes causes an issue. for this reason I regularly use a drop ski at each end of the course. I assume the added width helps the Senate pop up a little quicker?

• Baller
You might want o consider a Goode Powervest. I have suffered from minor back issues for years. I have been on the Powervest for a couple of years, with no back issues at all. Al least while skiing. Expensive, but worth the $.

• Baller

When you take off on a deep water start is the driver dropping the hammer or giving a gradual take off?

The one time I tweaked my back on a start was a combination of me not being ready + the driver going full throttle + me being to stubborn to just let go of the rope.

Similar question I have (I apologize but I am not sure how to create my own thread). Currently riding on a 2016 Vapor Lithium, the summer before it was an older vapor graphite. My personal best is 32 mph at 15 off and could not seem to improve upon that last summer, wondering if I am skiing on the right ski for my skill set. Looking to finally get into the 34s and 36s this summer and want to make my equipment will help me get there.

• Baller
I ski on both the 2017 Senate Lithium and the 2017 Vapor Probuild and neither is difficult to get out of deep water but the Senate is definitely easier. Both are 67" and I use double boots. I can also ski a couple more passes on the Senate and still climb back up on the dock without assistance/:)

• Baller
The power vest is a good call. Pulls you out of the water without much effort. I use to use one when I had the same back issues. Sold it 4 years later for for like 60 % of the price, so the price is not to bad! Good luck