WANTED: 2007-2009 Zero Off equipped Ski Nautique 196

BrennanKMN

• Baller

I am looking to buy a 2007-2009 Zero Off equipped Ski Nautique 196.

• Needs to be limited edition

• Preferably 1,000 hours or less - not looking to get an old club boat or the like.

• Would prefer a white hull with red, black or blue accents/stripes

• Strongly prefer retro Ski Nautique graphics

Bonus points for teak platform, tandem trailer or 6L engine.

Budget is $26,000 - 28,000. Willing to stretch for the right boat.

If you know anybody that isn't on SIA or this site please let me know.

Thanks!

• Baller

Out of curiosity, why are the hours a big concern? There is an '07 on SIA that has high hours that I would put against any other low hour boat of that age. The boat has been kept meticulously, drives as well as any new promo, and is strong. (And by the way is well below your budget).

I would actually be concerned that only 100 hours a year is actually not enough use to keep things moving well!!

• Baller

While in general I am a pretty big proponent of hours are not a big deal, but in this case I am a little more picky. If I am thinking of the same boat - 1700 is just too high for me without knowing the boat better. I plan to keep this boat for the foreseeable future. Hell the only real reason I am upgrading is ZO. If Zero Off didn't exist I wouldn't want a newer boat.

While I don't fully agree you need 100+ hours a year to keep things moving, I do agree that having a reasonable amount of hours is better then low hours.

I am much more likely to get a 1,000+ hour boat if they have a complete paper trail. I don't care who serviced it. I just want a log book of what service and when.

• Baller
Big engine and great hours. I have no dog in the fight, but that color combo looks cool, and it'll be tough finding an '08-'09 with retro graphics I'll bet. If it were my money, this boat would be on my short list.

• Baller

@swc5150

Yeah, I know my expectations are a bit unrealistic. I can be a picky SOB :D

@OB1 That is a very nice looking boat for sure. Reminds me very much of @clemsondave 's 2008 promo boat. That was one sweet looking boat.

Brennan, I have a white with black stripe, 2008, 196LE white with the retro Ski Nautique graphic, teak platform. 5.7 and galv single axle trailer. 590hrs. I sent you a private message earlier today.

• Baller

I got a chuckle when I first saw this post. I have "your" boat at my house (except for the tandem and 6L)...but it's NOTmfd4m6qfdtrr.jpeg

my boat! And had no idea if the owner was interested in selling. Now I see @zedog already posted above. He has kept it here (see photo - one on the right with the waterline cover) for the last 3 years.

• Baller

Black 07 on SIA is nice, hours are reasonable...sounds like you've been on SIA so probably aware.

The one on SIA in Milton, FL is higher hours but I know that boat and owner well...skis and drives awesome.

Here's one in CO on onlyinboards:

Boat