Gunwale Ski Rack

FSSPCat

• Baller

Hello all,

I am currently looking to purchase a 97 Response LX. I am on a bigger lake and we take day trips sometimes. Without trunk storage in the 97's, I am looking at some creative ways to get the skis off the floor. I know all the new boats have the gunwale racks. I have access to a 3D printer at work and am thinking about trying to print something off. I would probably put it on some form of a hinge so that it is not a shin killer. aom3b2rpkh3l.jpg

Does anyone have a DIY attempt at this?

Thanks

• Baller
@FSSPCat Yes. Put a tower on it and get a waterski rack! I just say that for all the tower haters on here, but that what I have. I actually have seen the gun rack style in the sides. Just make sure to do a vertical brace before and you can't attach to the side or you will have holes. Top and bottoms only.

• Baller
@bigskieridaho I don't think I want to put a tower on at this point ha ha. Makes life easier for sure to keep everything out of the way. I wonder if you could put in an vertical extension support that would allow you to not even drill.

• Baller

@FSSPCat I did this several years ago for my 94 echelon. I have a write-up I did somewhere on how I did it. Send me a PM if you want it and I will dig it up. I didn't use a 3D printer, just used a carpeted 2x3, bolted behind the side panel, using the existing bolts. Then I cut short sections of track from a garage organizer and used removable hangers, cut to size. It works really well. The skis sit flat, instead of at an angle. This was partially done because my sidewall is so short, I didn't have a lot of room.

cxd2m3bjqhqp.jpg