Radar Senate Lithium

bgturf

Last February I had a Fusion Back surgery . The healing process is 9 months, but the surgeon has allowed me to free ski at slower speeds. Horton brought over his demo to try. Well the deep water start is so easy and so little stress on my back. This is even easer to get up on than a wide ride ski. Great ski, easy to ski on , I just cannot go all out on for a couple more months. Looking toward that day .

As ski and boat manufacturers move forward in the endless pursuit of perfection they hit things that sound off in the industry like a tuning fork. The closed bow Malibu Response, the Goode 9100, the 2005 RLXi, the 2009 Monza with the A1 core, the 2009 Nautique 196, the white banner RS-1. Everything they do beyond that is either sideways or backward. The 2017 Lithium constructed Senate is absolute magic. I am SO overweight for this ski its not funny and it just continues to produce. I generate power. I am a hockey playing powerlifter with no extra time that loves to ski. I ride the 67" Lithium Constructed Senate and Eddie's mastery of ski design is evident in all aspects of this design. It is supportive, it turns HARD if you commit and it holds its line across course. If you are passive, apprehensive or find yourself in a bad position it will right itself at the drop of a hat so you can live to ski another day. I love it. It loves me back. If you are content skiing in the 22-35 range and that's what is fun for you, or that is all you have time for in your life, do yourself a huge favor and get this ski. It is the 95% solution for 95% of the skiing public.

• Baller

Wow, shows just how well that ski performs out with the published recommended weight range. Despite advice from many on here (including Eddie R.jnr. and Chris R. I chickened out of going for the 67 feeling it was too little ski for me at 34 being 195.

Opted for a 68 Vapor last season but feel at times that the Senate would have been a more suitable choice for me working up to max of 34.

Bill, sounds like you would encourage me to try the 67 inch (I am a 210 lb 34 mph skier).

Been on the 69 inch Lithium Senate for this my 3 season. All your comments on the ski are spot on. The extra width through the footbed keeps me on top of the water riding with much less drag and much less effort. Especially noticeable when water temps get real warm. It is a fast ski and carries speed exceptionally well yet turns hard, tracks well, and has a forgivingly large sweet spot.

As you say, Eddies fingerprints all over this.

Need some input here. I just took delivery of a new HO Superlite CX. I had my heart set on a Senate Lithium but my local shop is no longer a Radar dealer. So far I really like the ski but being a skier in my mid sixties my research has shown that the Senate Lithium is a breeze for deep water starts and skis very well. As good or better than the Superlite. Am I being too picky? I ski at 32mph and rarely run 28. I could put the HO on SIA and move to the Senate if it would make my ski life just a bit easier. Any thoughts? Mush appreciated.

• Baller
I have about 8-10 sets on my 65" Lithium. I can't say I notice it being any easier to get up on compared to my 66" S2. Remember, it's only .2" wider than a Vapor. Also, if you are on public water, the Graphite version may be better suited to your needs. The lithium is very light and feels like it rides high on the water. Regardless, if you like your CX than stick with it for the season. My $.02

On my 69 inch size lithium Senate I find that there is slight extra width through the tip compared to the Vapor. But through the foot bed location section of the ski (nearly 2 ft) of length, the extra width is considerably more than the .2 mentioned in the skiis specs. SO the extra width over the long foot bed area equals significantly more ski surface to support you right below your feet.

I have not made the same measurements on the 65 inch ski but the .2 difference mentioned on the Radar site really misleads as to the true surface area differential.

As for the Superlite CX, I did ride a few sets on a 69 incher last season, as a careful look at the ski showed comparable size through the footbed compared to my 69 lithium senate.

I did not NOT ride it enough to get it fully dialed in and was not feeling enough love on my initial passes to continue further with the set up process. It didn't make me surrender the Senate.

Thanks to all. No longer an issue. There are no Senate Lithiums available anyway. I am going to keep working with my CX. It is a great ski. I guess I am never satisfied. I know, I know...I should work on my form and worry less about what ski I am on.

eddie_roberts_jr Posts: 402 Water Ski Industry Professional

July 9

"Hey Flyboy, when you gonna do a flyover and wing dip over Radar? Long time no hear from!"

Sorry Eddie, all my work has been east of here and unfortunately business is good. If I can get out there I'll do a low pass that'll push water!

Love what you do! I still ride that white top strada 55 you built for me when i was relearning to walk.