Northern Michigan Skiers - ISO ski site!

saracondra

Hello everyone!

My name is Sara Condra and I am in search of any ski sites and/or courses in the Petoskey/Harbor Springs area! I just moved up north for a summer internship a few weeks ago and have been itching to get back onto the water. I am a collegiate skier, super passionate about the sport, a capable driver, and would love to find a few people to get out with a few times per week!

Any suggestions/tips/contacts are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

• Baller_

@saracondra, there is a site in Levering. I can probably get a contact for you, but I don't completely know their arrangements. I also know of a course in Crystal Lake that one of the West Shore members has.

You skied great on Saturday in the State Games of America tournament in Conklin. Very impressive in some tough conditions.

BOS folks, Sara and her fellow collegiate skiers were in good numbers this weekend. Many were completing practical assignment for judges ratings. I was planning to write something here about what I saw about the future of water skiing and probably still will. It's brighter than you might think.

Sara, PM me for more info.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

Thank you for your suggestions and kind words @MISkier. Many of our team members are certified judges/scorers and one ( @msuws ) is a certified driver. Our team members are always looking for more ways to be involved in the ski community as a whole, bridge the age gap, and grow the love/presence of the sport.

• Baller
There is a ski course on the West arm of Walloon lake which is only 20 min from Petoskey. The course is almost directly in front of camp Michigania. There is a guy who skis that course regularly named Bob Betman. I don't know have his contact info anymore but he is a DDS out of Lansing. He is a die hard skier who is always looking for another ski buddy. I guarantee that if you called his office and left a message with why you called he'll call you back. Good Luck!

• Baller_
@Msuwaterskier, where does Bob ski when he is in Lansing? I live just east of the city and am alwsys looking for a site here. It is essentially a desert for water skiing here.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@MISkier he use to ski on the Grand River at the same site the MSU waterski team uses. Not sure if he still skis there as it has been a few years since I skied with him last. Check out the Lansing Boat club, thats where he kept his boat and where the MSU team is based out of.